Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last minute baking and a recipe....

Three pies and cashew Rocha yum! cant wait until the Rocha cools!

Pumpkin pie

Pumpkin apple pie, that I borrowed the recipe from a fellow blogger! Cant remember at the moment who it was, but thanks! cant wait to try it.

Apple pie, Meghans first, I let, no made her make it all by herself, top crust and all, Crust turned out really flaky, judging by the cinnamon and sugar treats we made with the left over crust, and she did really good! ( sorry bought the bottom shells in the pan frozen)

They have red plastic wrap on them, if they look funny.


And in these wrappers is Wackey Cake, a recipe my mother-in-law used to make for the boys. Middle brother doesnt like frosting so this is perfect. It will cure anyones chocolate craving, and the top crust gets just a little bit crunchy, We also made little cupcakes out of some of the batter.

These are for brother one and brother two (aka middle brother) LOL. Wackey cake has no dairy products in it for those who have a problem with that and no eggs either.







The recipe......



Wackey cake



small 8x8 pan, bake at 350 for 25 min



1 1/2 cups flour

1 cup of sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons cocoa

6 tablespoons oil

1 cup warm water

1 tablespoon white vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla



Blend together with fork, pour in pan, and bake.

double recipe for 9x13 pan



Its simple and easy and not real sweet like regular chocolate cake.


And Emma says "wheres mine".

6 comments:

  1. OOOh looks yummy. What's a rocha? Is it still snowing there? Our weather forecast for Christmas day tomorrow is for 30c (approx 86f). Hopefully it's not too hot! Send some snow our way! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so yummy. I want the almond rocha recipe!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'd been more ambitious, I could have made horsey cookies for My Boy! Although, it might be Valentine's Day before he gets them! ;(
    That roca looks good- yum!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gem, rocha is toffee like with choc and nuts on top.
    The wife, I posted the redipe for you, it is realy good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the wacky cake recipe .I have a friend who is allergic to eggs, now I can feed her cake too! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK the Rocha turned out ok, the pies are/were wonderful. Rocha just ok cuz I dont have a candy thermo, and it didnt get real hard, I kinda winged it and now I know it should have been hotter. But the thermo is on my shopping list now LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!