Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas greetings, and recipe


Sending everyone warm wishes of less snow, have a safe and pleasant Christmas~
( this is a piece of artwork I did in 2002. (Look close it is done in pointalism,( dots)
The wife wanted the Rocha recipe, here it is.......
Almond or cashew (or?) Rocha
1 1/2 cups real butter
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
12 oz bag chocolate chips
Melt butter and sugar till dissolved. Add corn syrup, cook to 290 degrees (candy thermometer is important) stirring constantly. add 1 cup of the nuts. Spread on cookie sheet(fast) (spreads on cookie sheet easier with a wooden spoon) Sprinkle 12oz bag of choc. chips on top, wait a few minutes they will melt and spread it over the top, garnish with leftover nuts.
blogger wont let me space this post out ????

3 comments:

  1. I am going to try the cashew rocha. YUM YUM !
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful piece! I didn't know you were an artist too...

    I just posted a toffee recipe very similar to what you just posted...we have great taste!

    Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy recipe!!! I enlarged your picture, and you are right...the detail is quite amazing!!

    Hope that you and your family had a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!