Thursday, April 30, 2009

Still a work in progress, but getting there!!!!

So here is the fuchsia pink and green together. Mom talked her into getting the shoes. The sash with a bow that will be on the dress bodice at hip level is just a tad lighter than the shoes, and also in satin.




And we found this necklace at
JC Pennys, the roses match perfect and you cant really see them here but there are little pink rhinestones between the roses, too.




This is a lot of work! but it will be worth it, getting that bottom hemline straight was really hard.




We had to have the boss come over and help finish pinning up the tucks. This is my friend Kara and I have known her for 20 some years, she was the matron of honor at Hubbys and my wedding. She is a hell of a seamstress, and she had already made this pattern for her daughters wedding a couple months ago, shes great!!










Now on Fri. I have to sit and sew in all the tucks and....



These are rhinestone buttons, 5/8 inch in diameter, should add some good sparkle!!







I have to sew one of these randomly on the tucks, there are 21. I shall be busy tomorrow!!
Saturday is the big day!!!





5 comments:

  1. OH,pretty can't wait to see the finished dress and on her. Looks beautiful so far! :-)
    ~Jane and Gilly~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best mom making her dress! I love it and the color is gorgeous.
    Can't wait to see pictures of your daughter wearing this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really beautiful. I admire people who can craft a garment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's going to be gorgeous!!! Nothing wrong with a green/pink fetish...it seems to be the thing lately! Hope she has a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fashion diva. I've seen those colors in all the fashion mags and online. They seem to be the popular thing now. She'll look gorgeous in all her beautiful clothes, shoes and accessories.
    What a wonderful Mama you are to help her dreams come true :)

    ~Lisa

    ps And thank you for all of the kind, supportive and encouraging words you wrote for me on my blog. I appreciate them more than I can say.
    Smooches for YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!