Friday, February 20, 2009

A few years ago, AQHA show in Redmond OR.

I took my Appaloosa to an open AQHA show! LOL
A few years ago I got invited to go to a show with a Friend, I handnt shown since 4-H but I decided, I had the money at the time, so I would go, it would be a good experience for Emma. My friend hauled the horses and I took our truck and camper so we would have somewhere to stay. The show was in Redmond OR, I think at the fairgrounds, it is a really nice facility. I talked my friend into taking these few pics of us, but she was busy and it was just the two of us, she was working towards an ROM in something, I dont remember what, maybe WP, or trail, so she had quite a few classes. She has a gorgeous Rugged Lark type dark bay gelding, with a funny sense of humor!

We only did about 4 classes, at $50 each class, ouch LOL, Showmanship, because I hadnt done it in so long, then I was late and didnt get to see the pattern, so I winged it, there were only 6 horses in the class, and lets just say I didnt place last LOL

Aint we cute LOL I dont even own any fancy show clothes and I borrowed the blanket from my friend, it matched my shirt perfect. (my shirt was a pale green and navy petite plaid, and the blanket was a pale green that matched perfect) Emma was so wound up, and there is an old racetrack all the way around the place and it was hot, but I had to take her all the way to the far side and back before she would settle down. Bob Avilas wife was there showing, but I didnt get to meet them, my friend had met them before doing the AQHA circuit.
It was 90+ degrees that weekend, and I had fun, thats all I went for, I knew we couldnt compete, and Emma was still pretty green then, it was in 2004 I think.
The saddest thing I seen was a sorrel gelding with so many pads, and special shoes on its a wonder he could walk, and a big lady riding him, of course they are the ones that won most of their classes, go figure, his trailer had about a foot or more of wet shavings in it too for cool cushion I guess. Why do people keep breeding horses like that, they suffer so much, if its navicular, cryptorchids, or some other fault, dont breed it, there are to many nice horses out there, and a lot of garbage, unfortunately, sorry I will get off of my soapbox now :)
We had a good experience and come home sound and happy, although my friends trailer was to narrow for Emma, she had such a bad bruise on her butt that the hair came off, thats why I dont like to haul her in other trailers, I have taken her on long rides in ours and not had a problem with her.


2 comments:

  1. Great to see you going to shows. Even if you don't place, you always win by just trying! I have a show in three weeks and I'm so excited- I love to show my horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a good experience for you and Emma. You both sure look good. It's also great to look back and remember those experiences and see how far you've come. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!