Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday stills, signs of Fall....

Oh the signs of Fall, Hubby wanted me to make sure and post a picture of our Fall labors. Green beans and zucchini, we canned 3 canner fulls of beans and squash, hadnt done the squash before, seems to taste just fine! LOL couldnt hurt to try, I have a plethora of zucchini LOL Oh and the Walla Walla sweet onions, they are from the grocery store, but they have a short shelf life and you can only get the real ones in the Fall, the best sweet onions there are! And the only ones I eat LOL


We have some jars of wild Chantrelle mushrooms from last year left too, they are great canned!



My sunflowers, we had some bad wind and I had to tie it up, only helped a little bit, it is probably around 12 feet tall! A beautiful shade of orange for Fall!


Here or some of the flower heads that are ripe, they are small like black oil sunflowers, the birds will love them!


A cluster of 4 blossoms, this plant has a ton of flowers at the top and down the stem, quite beautiful, I hadnt planted this variety before. These blooms are about 10-12 inches across.




And signs of Fall, we have a ton of these all over the patio, and its just getting started LOL we only have one Red Maple tree and boy can it pack on the leaves! Twice this week the thermometer has said 38F in the morning! Fall is well on its way. We should get our first freeze in October.
For more signs of Fall at Sunday Stills go here http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/




8 comments:

  1. Home canning and sunflowers--fall can't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. I'm so glad that I don't have to do any canning...sunflowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hubby had a great idea...really beautiful pix...what an intense orange in your sunflowers...why do pix of canned goods alway look so good...and make you feel good even if they're not mine. The squirreling away gene of all women, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy canning, girl! Looks like you'll be enjoying all of that great flavor this winter :)

    We had our first freeze last week with temps in the low 20s. Brrr! My mare is growing a beard now and is quite fuzzy!

    Those sunflowers are so pretty! I like the orange color. It's my favorite color!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a sucker for a lonely leaf photo :)
    stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy , You are making me hungry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!