Friday, December 17, 2010

Year end Guide Dogs Club potluck and awards....

We had a great potluck, lots of good food! I made cookies, shortbread dipped in chocolate, spiced shortbread dipped in chocolate and chocolate chip. The first time I dipped the shortbread and they are great! This is Mike our Guiding Eyes of Clark County club leader. He is handing out the awards.


Dublin on the left, meeting Sweeney on the top and saying Hi to little half-sister Luna on the bottom. Little Luna is a year old! and she is so tiny! She does meet the minimum size requirements! And my little friend Emma watching the dogs. LOL


Emma getting a body hug from Sweeny.


Dublin in front of one of the food tables. With those sad puppy eyes LOL. He was a perfect gentledog! I even dropped his leash in the middle of the room and told him to stay and he didnt move, until Meghan called him!


Meg petting Luna on another club members lap. These almost white dogs are so hard to take photos of, especially if they move.


Dublin and my, awards we received.


We got a nice certificate, pin and plaque with our names on it. The plaques are made so that you can add each new puppy that you raise to it.

Now I have to find a spot on a wall to hang it up!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I had to miss this last night. Lyn bought home a plateful of goodies and then hid them from me. I've been looking for them all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats funny Martha!!! And mean of him with you not feeling good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice windup! And an award! you deserve it.The cookies sound wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I wonder if the awards were kind of bittersweet? Dublin has the saddest, sweetest eyes. It looked like a fun event, and it's great that the dogs are invited.
    Love the body/head hug of Emma. And Luna is so petite and pretty.
    I'm not a fan of shortbread cookies because they tend to be so buttery and rich. But with chocolate I bet they taste 100 times better. What a great idea. Mmmm!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh SHORTBREAD cookies...makes me want them now!
    My husband's fave.
    Dublin's puppy eyes are so sweeet...big, round, watery.
    Nice recognition too, Pam!

    PS you're Header is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful idea for an award! I wish my club had thought of that when I was raising. The goal would have been to fill it completely full.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Allhorse! I had to buy that card, it is handmade by a freinds mom, I took a little liscense and added spots, because it reminded me so much of Max!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!