Sunday, December 16, 2012

Remember the days....


My cousin brought me this picture a few weeks ago. This is me around 10 or 11, 1977-78? (Yes I am dating myself LOL Could be a little later, but then I started riding our gelding.) gaming on our old mare Silky. She was a pretty one, had all the chrome! Four white socks and full blaze.
I have no idea what obstacle it was. We used to go to game shows all the time. Obstacles were, Poles, Barrels, scuries (two jumps and run around a barrel and back over the jumps, its not done anymore.) figure 8, and a few other ones I am not remembering. My Mom and I used to both ride Silky, so she would compete twice. She was a good horse.

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Those pictures remind us of good times, don't they? When I was a kid, my mare was named Flex. She loved to run! Not so good at the pleasure type stuff, but we did our best, but the games!! That's where she shined! Don't worry about dating yourself either...'78 I graduated high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silky is a very pretty horse! I love looking at my old youth/show pictures. It's fun to take a trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun photo. How wonderful that you have it to reminisce on your younger riding days and special horse.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic, fun to remember our glory days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my bubblebath of life! Come back soon!